Responsibility is the action we take to ensure we are not only a responsible employer towards our colleagues, but that we also recognise and manage our impact on the wider environment and community.
We are committed to acting in a responsible manner ensuring that:
- Recognises and embraces the diversity of society helps us to make better decisions for citizens and consumers; to make communications work for everyone.
- Valuing, promoting and encouraging diversity creates a more engaged and efficient workforce.
- Being socially and environmentally responsible reduces our operational costs and builds closer links with our local community.
As an employer, we:
- Treat all colleagues with the dignity and respect they are entitled to.
- Promote equality of opportunity for all, irrespective of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender reassignment, marital / civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, religion / belief, or sexual orientation.
- Consider our economic, social and environmental impacts, and encourage our colleagues to adopt responsible behaviour.
- Inspire and develop our colleagues and ensure we are rooted within our local community.